Apply today

You can join us and apply for a loan by completing our online application form.



We aim to offer our members high-quality service each and every time you contact us. We can only do this with your help. If we have let you down, please tell us.

We treat complaints very seriously and therefore we ask that you tell us about your experience. Please write to us or arrange a meeting with the Office Manager.

A copy of our complaints policy and procedure can be downloaded here.

We want to resolve any complaint quickly and to everyone's satisfaction. However, if you are dissatisfied with the outcome after taking your complaint through our complaints procedure, you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Before you take your complaint to the Ombudsman you must have tried to resolve your complaint through our internal complaints procedure.

Further information is available from the Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR. Tel 0845 080 1800 Web:

Need help to get online?

Click here

Frequently asked questions

What is a credit union?   A credit union is a financial co-operative, owned and controlled by its members whose aim is to encourage saving and provide low cost loans to its members when needed.

What are the criteria for joining?   You must live, work or study within the Perth and Kinross Council Area.

How do I join?   Quickly and easily by completing an application form and providing us with two forms of identification, one preferably a photo identification and the other an official letter dated within the last 3 months.  Once completed return it to our office (via website, email, post or in person) along with our joining fee of £2.50 and at least£1.00 in savings.

Is interest paid on savings?   Rather than receive a fixed interest rate on their savings, credit union members may share in a dividend payment which is based on the surplus earned by the credit union over the course of the financial year.  To date we have used our surpluses to develop and strengthen our credit union.

Is my money safe with you?  Absolutely. Like all major financial institutions, we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if an organisation is unable to meet its financial obligations. We are also authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. This means that we meet strict conditions for trading, we are required to submit information on our financial performance to the regulators every three months and our directors and senior staff are vetted by the regulators.

How I can I withdraw my money?   A withdrawal request can be made from your Share or Savings account immediately unless you have a loan where the share account funds are held as security against the loan.  

How can I get a loan?  By completing our Loan Application Form and returning it via our website, email, by post or in person at our office in George St, Perth.

Why do I need to provide income and expenditure details? Loans are based on affordability, so as a responsible lender, we ask you to confirm your income and expenditure. Many loan applicants will be required to send in copies of wage slips and bank statements to show these incomings and outgoings.

Why do you need information on my partner's income? A key factor in deciding to approve any unsecured borrowing is that the member can afford the repayments. That decision is based on the HOUSEHOLD income and expenditure, which is why we ask for information about a partner’s income.